The earliest record relating to Frazier Park was a report in 1854 that lumber was being produced there from Frazier Mountain trees for use at the new Army post at nearby Fort Tejon. Frazier Mountain was called Pinery Mountain.
Frazier Park was established in 1925 by Harry Mc Bain, who named it in 1926 after Frazier Mountain. The post office was established on September 14, 1927, with Charles B. Fife as the first postmaster.
Frazier Park lies within Cuddy Canyon inside the Los Padres National Forest.
Nearby communities include Lake of the Woods, Lebec, Pine Mountain Club, and Santa Clarita which is the nearest large city.
The highest peak in the area is Mt. Pinos at 8,831 feet which is a popular hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, back-country snowboarding, star-gazing, back-packing, and camping location.
Frazier Park has an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school all within the El Tejon Unified School District.